The Odisha Civil Service Commission (OPSC) on Thursday announced an extension of the deadline for submitting online applications for associate professor positions at state universities under the administrative control of the Department of Higher Education.
The deadline for submitting applications has been extended by 15 days until September 15, 2021. The application process, which began on July 27, was scheduled to end on August 31.
The Commission has also announced a 5 percent relaxation of the minimum master’s marks for SC / ST and ESCB applicants. Now, applicants in these categories require 50 percent master’s marks to be eligible for positions.
The other qualifications required for the positions are-
A good academic record with a doctorate. Diploma in relevant / allied / relevant disciplines.
A minimum of eight years of teaching and / or research experience in an academic / research position equivalent to that of an assistant professor at an accredited university, college or research institution / industry with a minimum of seven publications in peer-reviewed journals or UGC-journals listed and a total search score of seventy-five (75).
Applicants other than the reserved categories will need a master’s degree with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent mark in a point scale, regardless of the marking system followed) to qualify for the positions.
A total of 320 associate professor positions will be filled through the recruitment process in the salary scale of cell 1 of level 13A of the compensation matrix under the revised Odisha salary scales rule for teachers academics (UGC pay scale), 2019.
How to register:
Applicants can apply online through the website http://www.opsc.gov.in. Applications received by any other means would not be accepted and would be summarily rejected, reads an official notification.
An applicant is required to pay a non-refundable, non-adjustable application fee of Rs 400. Applicants belonging to the listed Odisha caste / tribe only and people with disabilities (whose disability is not less than 40%) are exempt from the payment of this tax.
• Appointments and conditions of service should be guided by the provisions of the statutes applicable to state public universities.
• There will be a shortlist of candidates for each subject in accordance with the UGC Directive. The Commission has decided that five times the number of vacant posts will be shortlisted for interview when the no. of vacancies is greater than two. For subjects for which there are only one or two vacant posts, ten candidates will be shortlisted for an interview.
• The academic score as specified in for universities in accordance with UGC Regulation, 2018 will be taken into account for the preselection of candidates for interview and selection will be based solely on performance during the interview.
• The Commission is competent to determine the conduct of its work and to take all the decisions required for the selection of associate professors in universities in accordance with the provisions of the Law and regulations prescribed for this purpose by the University Scholarships Commission.
• The Commission will prepare a list of candidates in order of merit on the basis of interview performance which will be equal to the number of vacant posts published.
• The list recommended by the Commission will remain valid for a period of one year from the date of recommendation by the Commission.