The Assistant Men’s Basketball Coach is responsible for assisting the Head Coach in organizing and managing all phases of a Division I men’s basketball program, including recruiting, team travel, strength and conditioning, student-athlete academic monitoring, public speaking, competition schedule, budget management, and community/donor relations.
A brief description of the duties
- Coaches the team in practices and competitions.
- To ensure the academic and personal well-being of student-athletes.
- Contribute to the creation of a nationally competitive Division I program through the recruitment and retention of high performance student-athletes.
- Collaborates with the Head Coach, Athletic Coaches, and Strength and Conditioning Coach to design school year (in-season and off-season) and summer conditioning programs.
- Assist with budgeting, expense reconciliation and purchase proposal for the sports program.
- Serve as a key liaison with the wider (academic) community, engaging in alumni activities, fundraising and other key stakeholder activities.
- Organizes community service events for the team.
- Responsible for assisting with all phases of a Division I intercollegiate men’s basketball program, which includes planning, recruiting, travel coordination, budgets and fundraising.
- Must be committed to the academic goals of the university and follow the rules and guidelines established by the NCAA and the Mountain West Conference
- The candidate must demonstrate awareness and experience in understanding the needs of a diverse student population – in terms of age, cultural background, ethnicity, native language and academic readiness – through inclusive teaching strategies and guidance.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience
- Applicants should demonstrate an awareness and sensitivity to the educational goals of a multicultural population, as might have been acquired through comparable education, training, teaching and other cross-cultural experiences.
- Master’s degree
- Successful experience of academic or professional coaching in Division I