Fremont County Child Development Services is seeking applications for the 2021-2022 school year for the following:
Speech Language Pathologist – Fremont County
Exempt contractual position, full or part time hiring
Speech-Language Pathologist Licensed / Certified in the State of Wyoming
Successful experience as a speech therapist. Must be at least 23 years old. Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and be willing to travel. Ability to effectively supervise the speech therapy aide or assistant.
Supervisor (s) identified and under the general supervision of the Executive Director.
Maintains confidentiality with all aspects of our program, including personnel issues, clients and client files.
- Comply with all federal and state regulations relating to special education children up to the age of five, including the rules and regulations of the Education of Persons with Disabilities Act (IDEA) of the Department of Wyoming State Education and Behavioral Health Division.
- Working as a team to assess speech and language impairments, using appropriate diagnostic techniques, includes submitting a written report summarizing the results of the assessment as part of IDEA guidelines.
- Interpret the results of speech and language assessment to staff and parents.
- Assist the team in the development and implementation of individualized educational programs (IEP) /
- Individualized Family Service Plans (IFSP), comprising specific materials and teaching methods in accordance with IDEA guidelines.
- Prepare for meetings by entering appropriate documentation on special education forms
- Lead MDT / IEP / IFSP meetings as assigned.
- Provide speech correction and language development activities to individual students or groups of students as prescribed in each student’s IEP or IFSP.
- Adopt / adapt a data collection system for the highest priority goals for each child
- Develop and maintain therapy schedules with individual students.
- Maintain and ensure that each child’s monthly therapy notes are completed.
- Coordinate services with other agencies involved in the child’s program, such as PHN, DFS, local school districts, etc.
- Provide continuing education to other staff on teaching / therapy approaches.
- Participate in children’s team meetings.
- Participate in staff meetings regarding the operation of the program.
- Supervise the assistant speech therapist (assistant speech therapist or assistant)
- Meet with the SLPA helper or assistant who will conduct individual / small group activities to teach specific skills at least once a month to discuss specific techniques and program modifications
- Provides assistants with written instructions when teaching specific skills
- Complete a written report on a child following an accident.
- Comply with state and federal regulations as prescribed in PL 94-142, the Rules and Regulations of Parts B and C, and the Rules and Regulations of the Department of Family Services (DFS).
- Attend required meetings, trainings and conferences.
- Will keep a valid driver’s license.
- Able to travel / drive for required planned assignments.
- Provide all the information needed to file Medicaid / Kid Care (Title XIX).
- Maintain regular and ongoing liaison with the Executive Director to keep them informed of important program events, staffing and staff, community and family issues.
- Be responsible for maintaining the general cleanliness and upkeep of the physical facility and equipment and advising the General Manager of the need for additional attention to repairs or maintenance.
- Comply with established policies, procedures and regulations of the establishment.
- Be an advocate for children and families.
All positions are paid over 12 months and CDS has great benefits full time package employees which include: Health, Vision, Dental, AFLAC, Life Insurance, Teladoc, FSA (Medical Care and Dependents), Wyoming Retirement and Health / Staff.
More information about each opening is listed on our website www.cdsfc.org.
Please send your resume to PO Box 593, Lander, WY 82520 or email [email protected] Please call 332-5508 / 856-4337 or visit our website www.cdsfc.org for a request.
Closing date: until the position is filled
CDS is an EOE