The MIT School of Distance is one of those distance learning institutions whose vision is to be a distinctive global educational technology ‘learning’ organization, continually striving for excellence in its deliverables and the value offered to all its stakeholders through innovation, creativity and technology has introduced a new state-of-the-art Learning Management System called Canvas. Canvas Learning Management System (LMS) enables peer learning, rapid assessment, interactive learning, easy navigation and a modern learning approach for learners.
MITSDE has revamped its learning experience by integrating Canvas LMS with the hope of accelerating learning, creating a holistic learning experience and a learning ecosystem conducive to growth.
MITSDE is already seeing positive results, as evidenced by feedback received from students after the implementation of Canvas, with learners successfully visualizing their lessons, interacting with professors to solve their questions almost instantly and boost their subject knowledge. In addition, students have the advantage of viewing their lessons wherever they are, whether in a bus, car, during lunch or anywhere, thanks to the Canvas mobile app, which allows students to learners to learn on the go.
The main features of Canvas LMS are:
- Practice Makes a Perfect Man – Practice quizzes to test subject knowledge are designed for a deeper understanding of the concepts taught in the lessons.
- Learn through a live session that allows learners to dispel doubts and interact with Subject Matter Experts (PME) and peers
- A Class Calendar is a feature of Canvas that allows learners to view any upcoming events, live sessions, it also gives a reminder of any homework submission or to-do project.
- Group learning helps the learner understand the concept and perspectives of others. For this, a peer-to-peer interaction platform is included in the Canvas LMS known as the Discussion Forum.
- Canvas promises learners interactive learning, for this they can interact with SMEs through a simple e-mailing function in the canvas, which allows them to send their queries directly to SMEs and get their questions answered. directly from the experts, almost immediately.
Canvas is a platform used by the most renowned B schools in the world. Therefore, the implementation of Canvas as an LMS in MITSDE is expected to have a positive impact on the overall learning experience of students.
About the MIT Distance Learning School
MIT School of Distance Education (MIT-SDE) is an integral part of MAEER’s MIT Pune, established in 2008. MIT was founded in 1983 by Dr. Vishwanath D. Karad, (Founder, Executive Chairman and Managing Director) with the collective efforts of many educators, scientists and social thinkers. MIT is among the first in vocational education offering academic programs in over 72 institutions and 4 universities across India.
For more information visit https://www.mitsde.com
SOURCE MIT Distance learning school