Title: National Key Accounts Director department: Sales and Marketing
Supervisor: Vice President of Sales and Marketing Class Status / FLSA: Full time / exempt
SUMMARY OF THE JOB:
As an employee of North Coast Brewing Company and a key member of the company’s leadership team, the National Director of Key Accounts will participate in a high performance culture that embraces our B Corp mission and emphasizes l proactive engagement, attention to the quality of results and achievement of objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Work with the Vice President of Sales, Director of Marketing and Sales Directors to develop strategies for growth of North Coast Brewing Co.’s large account businesses;
- Develop, communicate and execute strategic business plans with the main clients of large accounts;
- Respond and resolve market issues and concerns in a solution-oriented manner;
- Deliver factual presentations that integrate actionable insights to retailers, distributors and internal shareholders on market opportunities using Nielsen / IRI / SPINS data.
- Compare the performance of retailers against the competition with the ability to monetize the opportunity for the customer.
- Provide accurate and timely forecasts for retail programs sold;
- Define and monitor sales objectives for regional Key Account Managers;
- Communicate with the KAM teams of distributors and inspire them to execute the company’s strategic business plans with Key Account customers;
- Liaise between clients and internal teams ensuring that client requirements are met;
- Develop and monitor departmental budgets;
- Collect, analyze and communicate information from data and sales trends;
- Liaise with sales and marketing departments to define and implement new product strategies;
- Stay up to date with internal and external developments suggesting new ways to increase sales.
To perform this job successfully, a person must be able to perform each essential task satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and / or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Proven work experience as a national account manager;
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Office, syndicated data and VIP KARMA;
- Demonstrable experience in negotiating and meeting client requirements;
- In-depth understanding of sales performance indicators;
- A thorough understanding of the 3-tier system and its complexities;
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills;
- Strong judgment, professional maturity and responsible decision-making
- Strong communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate and evaluate team members;
- Availability to travel as needed;
- A minimum of 7 years of B2B sales experience is required.
- A first experience in the alcoholic beverages sector is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in commerce or marketing recommended.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While carrying out the responsibilities of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak and hear, to sit, to use his hands and fingers and to operate the keys of a keyboard. The employee is regularly required to stand up; walk; reach with arms and hands; climb stairs or balance; and bending, kneeling, squatting or crawling. The vision abilities for this job include near, average, and far vision. Ability to organoleptically analyze the preferred beer.
The characteristics of the work environment described here are representative of those that an employee encounters in the performance of the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While carrying out the responsibilities of this job, the employee often works in hybrid and varied environments including indoor / office environments and commercial locations with various clients. The noise level varies especially when moving between locations. The employee is frequently exposed to outdoor weather conditions when traveling between locations.
The signature below confirms that I have received and understood the job description, responsibilities and requirements for North Coast Brewing Company.