- Full time/continuous
- Located in Bundoora
- HEO8 – TRP $118,289 – $135,268 per year including 17% superannuation
About the position
The La Trobe Animal Research and Teaching Facility (LARTF) is a research platform that provides the expertise, infrastructure, and technical support needed to facilitate the diversity of research activities involving animals at La Trobe University. This role involves the development and application of new principles and technologies. This role is responsible for proposing and implementing changes to work processes, developing and defining proposals for changes to LARTF procedures, and formulating LARTF policy to constantly improve the quality and efficiency of the service delivery. The successful candidate will be expected to manage staff performing a range of related functions, typically with distinct areas of expertise; including assigning responsibilities, reviewing performance, training and developing staff and developing or overseeing program procedures, priorities and quality control systems, including budgets for the function concerned to senior executives
To be considered for this position, you will need to;
- A degree with a substantial extension of the theories and principles learned through experience; or a range of management experience; or postgraduate qualifications, or progress to postgraduate qualifications with extensive relevant experience; or other equivalent combination of relevant knowledge, training and/or experience.
- Demonstrated management and leadership skills with experience managing and directing people to promote a cohesive and effective team and manage workflows.
- Ability to be responsible for developing and implementing programs/systems.
- Ability to develop innovative methodologies or lead the application of proven techniques involving considerable theoretical and technical sophistication.
Please refer to the job description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
Welcome to Bundoora Campus – Please click on the video link below:
- 17% of the employer contributed to the retirement pension
- On-site babysitting services
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discounts for staff and their family members to study a range of La Trobe courses
How to register
Closing Date: Around 11:55 p.m. Wednesday 14e September 2022
Job requests: Dr. Tanmay Shekhar; E: [email protected]
Recruitment requests: [email protected]
Only applicants with Full employment rights in Australia can apply for this position.
COVID-19 vaccination requirements
That of the University Health and safety procedure – COVID-19 vaccination and other measures requires that personnel hired to perform on-site work at La Trobe University be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless exempt from vaccination due to a recognized medical contraindication. This position will require the incumbent to work on-site. As such, an offer of employment will be conditional on the candidate being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or medically exempt from receiving a COVID-19 vaccine and providing satisfactory proof of vaccination or exemption status to the University.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae; and
- A separate document dealing with each essential and desirable point of the essential selection criteria can be found in the job description.
Please scroll down to apply.
Why La Trobe:
- Develop your career at an innovative global university where you’ll collaborate with community and industry to create impact.
- Enjoy working on our inspiring and breathtaking campuses – the ideal hub for industry, students and academics.
- Help transform the lives of students, partners, and communities now and in the future.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you pass, you will need to hold a valid Victorian employee check working with children before starting..