- Salary package: Level C from $132,004 to $151,806 per year, plus 17% employer pension contribution and annual leave.
- Full-time teaching and leadership, continued
- Location of Macquarie University (North Ryde)
We are looking for an engaging and inspiring person Educator in the discipline of vertebrate/human physiology. This is a specialist teaching and leadership role (nominally 70% teaching, 30% teaching leadership and service) that focuses on improving the organization and delivery of our Bachelor of Medical Sciences and Bachelor of Science (Human Biology) programs. The focus of this role is on educational innovation, governance and improvement of the student experience as well as strong leadership of academic programs and activities. Primary duties will be the coordination and delivery of our Systems Physiology (BIOL2220) and Advanced Human Physiology (BIOL3210) units, and the direction of the Bachelor of Medical Science program. There will also be opportunities to teach in other units of the Bachelor of Medical Science and Bachelor of Science programs.
The School of Natural Sciences at Macquarie University was created on January 1, 2022 by the merger of the departments of Biological Sciences, Molecular Sciences and Earth and Environmental Sciences. The school is the largest in the Faculty of Science and Engineering and is a vibrant community of educators, researchers, and students working in a wide range of biological, biomolecular, biomedical, chemical, environmental, and geoscience disciplines.
At Macquarie’s Faculty of Science and Engineering, you’ll join passionate educators and researchers who are blazing new trails in the spirit of discovery and exploration. Encouraged to think boldly and supported by some of Australia’s most remarkable facilities, brilliant minds converge at our faculty to create incredible new possibilities: the world’s first attempt to synthesize complex life, the creation of Wi-Fi, the discovery of dancing dwarf galaxies, and the development of blue LED light. Inspired by challenges and opportunities, we look forward to welcoming you as we imagine a new future together.
Macquarie is a university committed to the real and often complex issues and opportunities that define our lives. Since our founding 57 years ago, we have aspired to be a different kind of university. Over the years we have grown to become the center of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
How to register
To be considered for this position, please apply online by submitting your CV and a separate document meeting the selection criteria below:
- PhD in vertebrate/human physiology or closely related field
- Demonstrated excellence in the development and delivery of high quality teaching materials and curriculum development
- Demonstrated experience in leading academic teams and in managing and delivering academic programs
- Demonstrated experience in developing innovative teaching methods
- Strong interest in improving the student experience and promoting inclusive learning environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and manage time in a busy environment
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff and other members of the University
- Strong interest in supporting the diversity of our students and staff and commitment to workplace equity
- Diplomas and/or awards from education or higher education
Requests: Professor Nathan Hart, Head of School at [email protected]
If you are already part of the Macquarie group (MQ University, [email protected], MQ Health, MGSM), you will need to apply through your employee Workday account. To apply for this job: Log in to Workday and navigate to the Careers app > Search Jobs.
Job posting URL link: www.jobs.mq.edu.au or
Equity and Diversity Statement
At Macquarie University, we are committed to providing a working environment where each individual is valued, respected and supported to progress. Our priority is to ensure that the culture, policies and processes are truly inclusive and that no one is disadvantaged on the basis of their Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander identity, gender, culture, disability , their LGBTIQA+ identity, family and family responsibilities, age or religion. . We encourage anyone who meets the selection criteria and shares Macquarie University’s values of scholarship, empowerment and integrity to apply.
Learn more about our progress towards equity, diversity and inclusion.