Type of work: To continue
Department/School: Strategy and Culture
Salary: $108,009 – $116,906 (UMD 8)
Role and rate of retirement: Professional – Full time – 17% super
Founded in 1853, the University of Melbourne is Australia’s No. 1 university and is consistently ranked among the top universities in the world. We are proud of our staff, our commitment to excellence in research and teaching, and our global engagement.
About engagement and partnerships
The Engagement and Partnerships Department aims to advance the University’s academic mission through strategic and targeted location-based engagement and partnership initiatives. The department aims to serve the community within and beyond our campuses by harnessing the University’s convening power and academic expertise for meaningful partnerships, results and impact locally and globally.
About the role
As a Senior Partnerships Advisor, you will provide high-level research, analysis and briefings on engagement and partnerships for the team, internal and external stakeholders, and you will also manage the University’s partnerships of Melbourne and the City of Melbourne. You will work in a small team with colleagues across the department to support strategic projects and forums, regular programs, communications and strategic briefings.
In a typical week at work, you can:
- Advise senior decision makers on engagement and partnership models and best practices to advance University engagement and partnership priorities and co-investment opportunities
- Manage and coordinate the implementation of the strategic partnership with the City of Melbourne
- Prepare presentations, events and written productions to communicate in a targeted and persuasive manner with partners, stakeholders and a wider audience
You will have a strong ability to work as a member of a collaborative team, you are open to new ideas and ways of working and driven to achieve results and results. You will also harness the ability to exercise good independent judgment and demonstrate a high level of initiative, including the ability to formulate, develop and deliver high-level briefings, documentation and initiatives.
Ideally, you will also have:
- An undergraduate degree and significant relevant experience. Postgraduate degrees will be highly valued
- Advanced written communication skills, able to distil ideas and communicate them persuasively
- Highly developed planning, design, analytical and problem-solving skills with a demonstrated ability to provide innovative solutions to problems and to lead, design and manage projects and initiatives
Benefits of working with us
In addition to having the opportunity to grow and meet challenges, and to be part of a vibrant campus life, our employees enjoy a range of rewarding benefits:
- Flexible work arrangements and generous personal, parental and cultural leaves
- Competitive remuneration, 17% super, salary package and leave loading
- Free and subsidized health and wellness services, and access to fitness and cultural clubs
- Discounts on a wide range of products and services, including Myki and Qantas Club cards
- Career development opportunities and 25% off graduate courses for staff and their immediate families
To learn more, please visit https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/staff-benefits.
At UoM, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and contributions each person brings to our community, and we encourage and celebrate diversity. Indigenous Australians, those who identify as LGBTQIA+, women, people of all ages and from diverse cultures are encouraged to apply for our roles. Our goal is to create a workforce that reflects the community in which we live.
If you think this role is right for you, we would like to hear more about you and how you will contribute to our team. Please apply with your CV and a cover letter describing your interest and experience.
If you require reasonable adjustments with the recruitment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team at [email protected]
Due to the impacts of COVID-19, we are currently prioritizing applicants with valid work rights in Australia and applicants who are not affected by travel restrictions. Please see the latest updates to Australia’s immigration and border provisions: https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/
Job Description : 0042309 Senior Partnerships Advisor PD.pdf
Closing of applications: February 06, 2022 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time