St. Lawrence University invites applications for a full-time head coaching position for men’s and women’s squash.
- Recruitment of highly qualified student-athletes
- Lead the development of student-athletes on and off the field; ensuring academic achievement, good citizenship, sportsmanship and the promotion of positive values consistent with the mission of St. Lawrence University
- Organization of the program; including training planning and match preparation
- Ability to effectively supervise, evaluate and lead a graduate assistant coach
- Management of all phases of a CSA squash program
- Additional responsibilities include a secondary assignment, as well as other assigned duties
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 4 years of work experience required
- Demonstrated ability to recruit diverse and quality student-athletes
- Ability to communicate effectively with faculty/staff, members of the academic community and alumni
- Knowledge of all CSA and Liberty League rules and regulations pertaining to men’s and women’s squash
- Must have a philosophy consistent with highly selective academic standards within a liberal arts college that supports diversity and inclusivity
- Valid driver’s license and ability to meet requirements to drive a university vehicle required
- Preferred bachelor’s degree
- College coaching experience preferred
Interested candidates should apply online at http://employment.stlawu.edu upload all the required documents that are defined in the “special instructions for the applicant” section. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Questions can be directed to Bob Durocher, Senior Associate Vice President for Sports, [email protected].
All offers of employment are contingent on the finalist passing a background check (including criminal record).
Located in Canton, NY, St. Lawrence University is a competitive NCAA Division III liberal arts institution with approximately 2,400 students from more than 40 states and 40 nations. Educational opportunities at St. Lawrence inspire students and prepare them to be critical and creative thinkers, to find a compass for their lives and careers, and to pursue knowledge and understanding for the benefit of themselves, the community. humanity and the planet. With an emphasis on active engagement with ideas in and beyond the classroom, a Saint-Laurent education leads students to make connections that transform lives and communities, from local to global.
The University is committed to and seeks diversity among its faculty, staff and students. Such engagement ensures a diverse and complex atmosphere in an intellectually and socially enriching way for the entire campus community. Applications from members of all underrepresented groups, as well as individuals with experience of teaching or working in a multicultural environment, are encouraged. St. Lawrence University is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information on the St. Lawrence, please visit http://www.stlawu.edu