Wanted: An enthusiastic full stack developer with experience to grow our busy news website service as a full member of our senior team
We are hiring.
We are looking for a full time internal full stack developer to take over the largest Drupal 8 news site in New Zealand.
We provide popular business and economic news that mixes data and news / analysis to explain New Zealand economy to New Zealanders. It relies on a close alignment of journalists, analysts and the technical platform on which everything works.
You must be able to maintain and develop our platform independently. You are someone who can handle the aspects in charge, who can work with non-technical people and who is looking to develop your professional skills. We have an exciting work plan ahead in the dynamic and rapidly evolving information industry.
You will need:
- Good knowledge of the Drupal content management system. We are using Drupal 8, and one of your first tasks will be to migrate to Drupal 9.
- A good understanding of PHP and object oriented programming in PHP.
- A good understanding of MySQL.
- An ability to create secure GraphQL APIs.
- Experience using Git version control.
- We are planning to develop a mobile app version of our site, so you will either need the ability to have skills in this area or the willingness to develop them. The application will likely be built using standard web technologies.
- Experience with AWS products like Aurora Serverless, Fargate and CodePipeline.
- Docker containers.
- Mobile app or SPA skills.
Not part of the tech stack, but for more daily variety, you will also be responsible for:
- Logging of advertising campaigns in Google Ad Manager
- Edit videos with Adobe Premiere Pro.
You will also participate in:
- integration with CRM platforms.
- build a tiered subscription model for the website.
We want to help you grow with us. The technical aspects are obviously crucial, but you should also enjoy working in a small team, accepting full responsibility for the systems and being a good person to be around. Our people are very diverse and do some really interesting things.
Want to join us ? Apply in writing first by email to [email protected]